/ Nóvember 2000 / útgáfa 4.5.2 / útgáfusaga á ensku /
Útgáfusaga -- Version History
- version 4.5 / November 1999
- New lessons for multimedia (29) including GIF animations (29a), digital video (29b), audio, shockwave, and Java. Wrote extra tips in lesson 21 for using tables to center text or title on any size browser window and made them part of the splash page introduced in lesson 24. Also, we spiffed up the Writing HTML logo and cleaned up the main Volcano Web (lava.gif) file to make it cleaner and smaller in file size.
Luke Burnham and others were kind enough to spot some typos and sloppy grammar in the later lessons. All lessons were cleaned up to aproach transitional HTML 4.0 standards.
- version 4.0.1 / May 1999
- version 4.0 / December 1998
Because of some problems in maintaining connections, we provided two additional download sources for the tutorial files.
And as always, with the help from our users such as Pat Shauer, we made corrections to typos.
- version 3.0.4 in Korean / November 1998
- Dr. Byeong Choon Lim, Department of Computer Education
Chuncheon National University of Education has been translating Writing HTML into Korean
- version 3.0.4 / August 1998
- Minor fixes of URLs that have changed, some typos corrected. Added more options for the mailto: tag in lesson 12. A number of corrections were made in the Spanish version of the lessons thanks to Andrés Valencia.
- version 3.0.3 / December 1997
- Lots of people on Windows were having trouble with the .zip versions of the tutorial so the download page now sends them out as self-extracting archives.
- version 3.0.2 in Icelandic / July 1997
- Thanks to Gudjon Olafsson, we now have a version in Icelandic / Íslenska called Forritun í HTML
- version 3.0.2 / July 1997
- Hopefully some of the last typos are squashed, with a great deal of help
by Maureen Nelson, a professional proofreader, who printed out the entire
tutorial and provided some great red pen "mark-up" for the typos. Thanks also
to Joel Smallbeck and Leah Simpson for suggestions on wording. Also Douglas
Nady provided a useful pointer about resizing images from smaller to bigger
that is now part of lesson 7a and demonstrated as
Going from Small to Big. Some of the example
URLs for geology/volcano sites have been updated. Also, a general reference
page has been added with links to it from the top of all lesson pages. And
no one to date noticed the discrepencies for the sample files for lessons
8e - 12, until spotted by Erin Cormier! Now you can download
a tutorial archive for Windows95 (the only difference is that it has file
names that end in ".html". Oh how revolutionary...). We also compiled the
frequent email feedback into a section called What
People Say Abut Writing HTML.
- version 3.0 in Spanish! / February 1997
- Arturo Garcia Martin, <email@example.com> kindly translated the entire tutorial into Spanish.
- version 3.0.1 / January 1997
- Fixed typos in lessons 8d (thanks to Gene Menzies) and the lesson 18 test page (thanks to Benjie Wolicki), and even on this page (thanks to Leo Robert Klein). Benjie also correctly pointed out that it is not safe to say that Olympus Mons is the largest volcano in the universe, but rather "the largest known volcano in the solar system"
- version 3.0 / October 1996
- Revised and corrected typos (from lots of net feedback) in all lessons.
Tables added throughout lessons as any browser worth using now supports tables.
Simplified instructions for downloading image files. All sample HTML in lessons
is now color coded. Added comment tags to lesson
1, more examples for using <br>
tags for headers in lesson 4, non-breaking space in
lesson 10, color name codes for lesson
16, font FACE options in lesson 18, colored table
cells in lesson 21. Broke up the big tag
summary table into separate pages.
Finally gave up on ever trying to write more advanced lessons as the web just changes and grows too damn fast. The whole thing is getting complicated by the glut of new features introduced by Netscape vs Microsoft.
- Version 2.0 / December 1995
- Cleaned up typos. Added explanation for height and width attributes for inline images in lesson 7a. Re-organized lesson structure for myndir in subfolders and example
files for lessons after lesson 8a. This not only explained other ways of linking web directories, but made it more managable for setting up the example files for later lessons where one page became many pages. Added explanation in lesson lesson 8a for relative URLS that link upwards in the directory structure. New lessons on Splitting vs Lumping (14) of long web pages; Netscape and HTML 3.0 issues (15); colored and texture backgrounds (16); the dreaded <blink> tag (17); spiffing up text (colors, sizes, superscripts, subscripts) (18); more options for the <hr> tag (19); aligning text and images (20); Tables (21); More for Images and Lists (22); and Clickable Image Maps (23)
Alumni page now pulls 10 names at random rather than listing them all.
- Version 1.7 / November 1995
- Still fixing typos with the help of our audience. Added summary page for all HTML used in the tutorial and
a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.
With help from Kurt Leinbach, developed CGI form for
registering our alumni
- Version 1.51 / September 1995
- New lesson for Blockquotes (13).
- Version 1.5 / August 1995
- Re-writes for improved directions and fixed the many typos (thanks to
Jennifer Adamson). Minor cosmetic changes. Added <br> tag to lesson 2.
Until we write some new lessons, provide links to sites for HTML 3.0, CGI,
- Version 1.41 / June 1995
- Removed use of the underline <u> tags which were once supported
by NCSA Mosaic. Added lesson 12 for using the mailto: link
and the <address> tag.
- Version 1.4 / May 1995
- Removed directions specific to NCSA Mosaic, new logo. Several
links to external sites were updated.
- Version 1.3.1 / February 7, 1995
- Typos fixed as well as inconsistencies in the sample lessons, with thanks
to Robin Wright.
- Version 1.3 / December 15, 1994
- New lessons added for Named Anchors (8d);
Preformatted Text (9);
Special Character Sets (10); and
Descriptive Lists (11).
Information on using the ALT keyword in the
<IMG> tag was added to lesson 7a, "Inline Graphics".
- Version 1.2 / November 15, 1994
- Links to external sites were verified and updated. Directions
were re-written to take into account the increasing number of different web
browsers, each of which may have commands under different menus.
Navigation links between lessons were moved to the top of the page.
- Version 1.1 / July 1, 1994
- Based on the surveys from our June workshop, we updated several the exercises
to make the descriptions more clear. First version placed
on our WWW server.
Although the files are the same for different platforms,
we made separate download-able archives for Macintosh and DOS formats
(difference in how DOS and Mac systems differ in the use of carriage returns
in the text files)
- Version 1.0 / June 1, 1994
- This was the first version of the tutorial, as written for a 2 day workshop
for faculty at
South Mountain Community College,
and included lessons 1-8.
Námsefnisgerð í HTML: Version History
©1994 - 2000
Maricopa Center for Learning and Instruction (MCLI)
Maricopa Community Colleges
Tengiliður MCLI er
Sendu athugasemdir til firstname.lastname@example.org